Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Macarons!

Photobucket
The batter, it was hard to resist.
Photobucket
The cookies are rising...
Photobucket
White chocolate buttercream...mmmm.
Photobucket
Today I went over to my friends house (who lives about 30 minutes away, deep in the woods. Needless to say I got lost) and we decided to make macarons. It was both our first time making them, and I had heard the first attempt never turns out well. Above are our finished product, these messy, cracked creatures may not look too good, but they taste great!

My mother's side of the family is pure Italian. Cooking seems like a natural talent that everyone seems to have. When planning family gatherings the question is always "what are we eating?" my mom can cook and bake, whereas between my sister and I, she's the chief and I have the baking skills. This has made for a pretty good balance over the years. Anyway, I'll probably post more pictures of my cooking adventures in the future.

No comments: