Monday, June 28, 2010

Lummi Island

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Being an inhabitant of the North West, it's quick drive to a ferry (15 minutes) and a 10 minutes ferry over, to get to Lummi Island for a day's visit. It ended up being quite the journey, as my sister dragged me out on what she promised was "just a quick hike", which turned out to be over an hour of constant up-hill hiking, before I made her turn around and head back to the car. Afterward, we headed to the shore line (the first two pictures) but it began raining as soon as we sat down.

Then we went to the willows, and ate prawns. Prawn that we had to crack ourselves! These little beasts were quite delicious, and the view looked out on the blue shaded islands. After the hike, it was relaxing to just sit and enjoy the scenery. It was my sister's last day after her quick visit, so I was glad to spend some time with her. No pictures of us are included, because we looked quite nasty after our hike, and I don't wish to scar any curious viewer out there.

Next post will be a "what-I-wore" post, and I've just been too lazy to start them yet.

No comments: