Monday, July 19, 2010

The Itch for Fall

Every summer, about mid-way through I start to get this small, urging feeling that just cannot wait until fall. Not only for the cooler temperature (I never fare well in the heat) but for the clothes.

It starts mid July, when I stop looking at floral, light weight skirts and dresses and shift to oxfords and dark fall shades. I become obsessed with planning out what my "fall fashion staples" will be for the year (yes, I have a name for them!). My back-to-school shopping is never on whim, I know the dangers of "in the moment" purchases. I look through images online, different styles, and reflect on how I'd like to look.

The retro school boy/girl look has stolen my heart currently, I can't stop looking at pictures. I find myself trying on outfits inside my house wishing it was cooler outside. Ever since I saw
An Education, I have been wanting to grow up in the 60's in Britain, just to wear the uniforms.


Besides Carry's lovely appearance in this movie (I love
all her wardrobe, it was gorgeous), the London blogger Carrie has inspired me. These are a few of her more school girl like outfits:



I love these two shoe options, oxfords and the little ankle socks! They are going to be must-haves. I also love the button down under sweater look!


My other mission will be to find a reasonably priced coat, along side a more stylish book-bag for my school days. The Alexa is a dream! But a girl can dream, no?

Fall-Preview
1. Plaid skirts! (UO, $48), 2. Trench Coat (CLuce $70), 3. Peter pan collars! I love the look of them, 4. Red beret, I decided I will find one that works for my curly locks, 5. Briefcase/school bag, (Cambride Satchel, $158/ Mulberry Alexa $1250), 6. Oxford/Loafer shoes, they seem perfect for trotting down my schools hallways (Oxfords, $98/Seychelles Cheerrio Bootie, $90/Seychelles HOlidays Loafer, $49).

This is the first of what I'm sure will be many fall/winter fashion posts. It's my favorite time to dress!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hey, I love your blog and totally agree about the Autumn things, I think this is my favourite season clothing wise...I can get back into my opaque tights, knee high boots and trench coats :)

If you get chance please check out my blog. It’s in its very early days but I'm holding a little vintage giveaway. If you’re interested its http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

Vikki xx